Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Highway to Zion

"The Amplified"
Psalms 84:1-12 "How lovely are your tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! My soul yearns, yes, even pines and is homesick for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out and sing for joy to the living God. Yes, the sparrow has found a house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young - even your alters, O Lord of hosts, my king and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in your house and your presence; they will be singing your praises all the day long. Selah. Blessed is the man whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. Passing through the Valley of Weeping, they make it a place of springs; the early rain also fills the pools with blessings. They go from strength to strength increasing in victorious power; each of them appears before God in Zion…For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

Beginning here with this word of scripture I believe that it paints a picture of someone that not only realizes the important of the very presence of God but is in the very moment of desperation for it. May we become more aware of what the Lord Jesus Christ has in store for us today. This passage of scripture so beautifully displays a longing for the Lord. My soul yearns, yes, even pines and is homesick for the courts of the Lord. Have you ever been homesick? Where you miss the smell of home, the atmosphere or perhaps the fellowship of being with your family.  "My heart and my flesh cry out and sing for joy to the living God" There is a correct posture that we should have in following after the Lord. A hunger should manifest in the affect that we long for the presence of God. How could we ever direct our attention another way after the Lord of hosts embraces us? "Blessed is the man whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion." Has it been decided in your heart that you alone without Christ have any ability to perform or achieve anything that is worthy or pleasing to God? This is a crucial step. Christ must be the strength of our life. Our complete resolve is in Him. He is the strength of my life. In fact the psalmist David boasts about this in Psalms 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Is your heart the highway to Zion. Think of a highway as this. A road of few stops, less distraction. No time for interruption. A highway is not such as a service road where there are many options & turns that you face before you. Once on a highway you are meant to reach destination quicker. Many of us go through life driving on the service road. Always looking for options and at any moment could get distracted and veer off another way. No a highway has few turns. It is a straight path. You go from strength to strength increasing in victorious power. Your heart is the highway to Zion when you are content with being a doorkeeper in the house of God than to dwell at ease in the tent of wickedness. Lord give us resolve. Lord help us choose the paths that lead to your courts. How we need your presence & long to be in your courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment