Translate

Monday, March 1, 2010

Resting in Him

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you

This scripture brings a rest in me for a couple of reasons.

1. The God of all grace is the one who makes you perfect

God is the one who performs His work in us. There is peace in this verse. I know myself when I miss it and I quickly realize that I don't have the ability to accomplish what is set before me.

Luke 18:27 says
The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Realize that we don't possess the natural ability to conquer sin. If we did then we wouldn't have needed Jesus. But oh how we needed Him!

2. I can be settled in my sufferings when I know He is the one who accomplishes the work in me
.

In Phillipians 2:13 Paul teaches "It is God which worketh in you, both to will and to do of His good pleasure"

Find rest in these passages. Realize that If God be for you then who can be against you. Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment