Translate

Monday, March 8, 2010

Learning to Yield


I can't even begin to tell you about the things that God is revealing in those that are obedient to lean into His calling. Isn't that what we are supposed to do anyhow? James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

What good is it for the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead to dwell with us if we never allow that Spirit to have his way? And how does that grieve the Spirit of God? The Apostle Paul teaches us in Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
This is should trigger a necessity for us to be obedient in what the Holy Spirit requires of us. Yet why do we continue to walk after the flesh? Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Wasn't it the Spirit of God that began this work in us in the first place? Why do we try to perfect in the flesh what was began in the Spirit? We like to stay in our comfortable place being in control of what we do. We want to perfect our own walk so that we can hold on to things. The problem with that is, we have been bought with a precious price. We are not our own any longer. We must allow the Spirit of God to be released through us for His glory and purpose. I challenge you to allow the Spirit of God to have all control in your life. I am finding that there is a great liberty in realizing that I am helpless in performing the work that God is called me to do. Luke 18:27 The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. I am finding a great peace in being truthful with myself and before God and saying I cannot God but you can. Christ in me the hope of glory. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Outside of Christ strengthening me there is nothing I can do. Praise God for the peace and rest in being helpless! I hope as you read this today you too will find your helpless too.

To Know Him,
Josh Helm
joshhelm@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment